Digital & Customer relations
900 establishments in the digital sector
Over 130 courses available.
9,400 employees in the digital sector
110 establishments dedicated to customer relations
The AER BFC supports you
Alban STREBELLE, Logistics/Customer Relations and Digital Project Manager, will be your key contact within the AER BFC. He has been involved in economic development since 2006, particularly in the digital and customer relations sectors, and will be able to help you with any project relating to the logistics sector.
The support offered by the AER BFC takes different forms:
- Participation in the animation of the ecosystem,
- Targeted prospecting in France and abroad,
- Engineering of company projects,
- Financial engineering,
- Land and business real estate.
The digital economy, a lever for economic growth and jobs, is growing in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté: 14% growth in the number of employees in two years and the awarding in 2019 of a “FrenchTech Community” label rewarding the dynamism and quality of the regional ecosystem’s structure. In addition, Burgundy-Franche-Comté benefits from the presence of universities, schools, research laboratories and industries that make it an attractive and radiant digital territory. Quality infrastructures such as very high speed internet access, incubators and business centres, and data centres are present in the region and meet the requirements of digital companies.
A structured digital ecosystem with recognised regional expertise
- BFC Numérique – BFC Numérique is the digital cluster of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté.
- French Tech Bourgogne-Franche-Comté – “French Tech” refers to all those who work in or for French start-ups in France or abroad.
- L’Usinerie Partners– Driven by Grand Chalon to meet the expectations of the economic players in its territory, L’Usinerie Partners informs, accompanies, networks and trains industrial companies in the appropriation and implementation of the digital technological bricks of Industry 4.0, in order to strengthen their competitiveness and the attractiveness of the territory.
- Numerica – Promote the development of digital uses in companies and communities in the region.
Leading companies in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Abeye, Access Code School, Archimen, Aldaria, Atol Conseils et Développements, Atsuké, Aucotec, Aurea Technology, B4 Road, Cy.EM, DAVI, Da Viking Code, Digit prime, Elabor, EtOH, Fingertips, Four Data, Foxar, Gamméo, Genario, GEOIDE, Kwikwink, Logomotion, Morphée+, Online Formapro, Odalid, On Situ, Overview Immersive Technology, PageUp, Réseau concept, Shine Research, Sweepin, Ubitransports, Virtuel City, Webdrone, WebForce3, Weezevent, Wittym, Yumain, etc.
They have benefited from our support
- Type of project: implementation / development
- Activity: online property management
- Location: Dijon (21)
- Partners: Dijon Métropole, Conseil régional de Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
- Expected job(s): 8
Founded in 2013, the Nantes-based start-up is making its debut in the West. With double-digit growth, the start-up has decided to strengthen its presence throughout the country, from the East of France, to reach new customers. Alban STREBELLE, Digital Project Manager, worked alongside Dijon Métropole to help the company set up in Dijon by proposing premises that met its needs. A financial round table was also organised to accelerate the progress of the project. AER BFC and Dijon Métropole are closely monitoring the start-up to anticipate the specific needs of this fast-growing company.
- Type de projects: creation of a new site
- Activity: customer relationship
- Location: Chalon-sur-Saône (71)
- Partners: Conseil régional de Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Grand Chalon, Pôle Emploi
- Expected job(s): 300 jobs in 3 years
The Webhelp Group is experiencing rapid international growth (55,000 employees in 36 countries) and is strengthening its position in France. In the region, the Montceau-les-Mines site having reached its maximum production capacity, Webhelp was looking for new premises. During a Customer Relations Club organised by Alban Strebelle, project manager for the sector, the Director of the Webhelp site in Montceau-les-Mines told the Agency about the development needs of her establishment. Based on the specifications communicated, the Agency located the areas of activity likely to host this project and the employment areas capable of meeting the labour needs. The AER BFC worked with the Grand Chalon and Pôle emploi to be able to accommodate the company and the planned jobs on a dedicated site.
Customer relations sector
Major role of customer relationship centres
With the advent of digital technology, the relationship between companies and their customers has changed profoundly. Customer relations centres play a key role in this new proximity communication. In Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, in-house and outsourced call centres continue to invest and recruit.
- Le Club Relation Client régional – Supported by the AER BFC, this event encourages meetings, networking and the sharing of experiences. Outsourcers and Insourcers exchange on transversal subjects such as recruitment, training and the evolution of professions.
- Institut National de la Relation Client – Anticipating changes in jobs and skills, optimising customer relations, rethinking human resources and CSR issues, taking into consideration dimensions such as the employer brand.
Examples of leading companies: Armatis, Banque Populaire BFC, Berner, Caisse d’Epargne, Comdata Group, CRC, Davi, EDF, Groupama, Leboncoin.fr, Leroy Merlin, Nutrisens, Qualicontact, SUEZ, Téléperformance, Teletech, Webhelp, etc.