Businesses, local authority areas: an agency to help you develop
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Regional Economic Agency (AER BFC) stems from the union of the two economic agencies for Bourgogne (Burgundy), formerly ARDIE, and for Franche-Comté, formerly ARD Franche-Comté. Our agency is a Société Publique Locale which operates as en SAS (simplified join-stock company). The shareholders are public bodies.
AER Bourgogne-Franche-Comté has two primary targets :
- Businesses (all sectors and all sizes)
- Local government areas of the region, i. e. its eight administrative departments
Bourgogne-Franche-Comté regional council has entrusted us with the following strategies :
- Help maintain and develop economic activities and employment in the region,
- Support the economic development policy, implementing it regionally
- Promote and support innovation and eco-innovation,
- Promote the region’s economic appeal.
Agency on 2 sites, Besançon and Dijon plus local centres (Côte d’Or, Doubs, Jura, Nièvre, Haute-Saône, Saône-et-Loire, Yonne, Territoire de Belfort).
Agence Économique Régionale
Based on the SRDEII, AER BFC has been assigned the following missions :
- To promote the new regional identity and foster incoming economic activities
- To act as the region’s intermediary in driving the regional ecosystem in terms of economic development and innovation
- To contribute and enhance the development of sectors whether already structured or emerging
- To provide monitoring for strategic businesses
- To supply a geographical economic engineering service to meet EPCI needs
- To set up a developers centre in conjunction with actors already in the areas
These missions are implemented in relation with the network of 150 actors of economic development and innovation : chambers of commerce, local agencies, city councils, central government, etc.