An agency to support and encourage economic development and regional appeal
The Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Regional Economic Agency was created on 1 October 2017 by the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Regional Council and contributes to the development of the region’s economy. It assists companies and regions.
Its strategic objectives are:
- To assist in maintaining and developing economic activity and employment in the region,
- To support the economic development policy, implementing it regionally according to needs,
- To develop innovation and the ecological transition,
- To promote the region’s economic appeal.
The Bourgogne-Franche-Comté AER (Regional Economic Agency) provides services aimed at:
- Businesses (Industry, Services to industry, Start-ups)
- Local government areas of the region, i. e. its eight administrative departments
The Agency is present on 2 sites, Besançon and Dijon and 1 regional cluster in the regions (Côte d’Or, Doubs, Haute-Saône, Jura, Nièvre, Saône-et-Loire, Territoire de Belfort and Yonne). It consists of 45 people.
Regional Economic Agency
The SRDEII (Regional Scheme for Economic Development, Innovation, and Internationalization) has assigned the following missions to the Agency:
- Promote the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region and facilitate the establishment of new economic activities
- Act as a liaison for the Region in animating the regional ecosystem for economic development and innovation
- Contribute to and enhance the development of structured or emerging sectors
- Monitor companies with strategic significance
- Support companies in innovation and ecological transition
- Provide territorial economic engineering services to meet the needs of local authorities
- Facilitate a hub of local developers in complementarity with actors already present in the territories
These missions are carried out in collaboration with a network of 150 actors in economic and innovation development: chambers of commerce, local agencies, urban areas, the state, etc. Main target of these missions: Industry, services to industry, and startups.
Jean-Claude Lagrange is the Chairman of the agency. He held the role of Vice-Chairman with responsibility for economic development, growth and employment for 3 years, before taking on this position during the mandate of Marie-Guite Dufay in 2016, the year which saw the creation of the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Region. He leads this mission at the same time as fulfilling his role as Regional Adviser for Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Region.
Martine Abrahamse-Pleux is the Managing Director, appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Regional Economic Agency.
ISO 9001 certification
Since March 2021, AER BFC has been ISO 9001 certified, for its ability to regularly provide a service that complies with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and its commitment to increasing the satisfaction of its customers (shareholders and companies) and partners.
The AER BFC (Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Regional Economic Agency) is approved as Regional Expansion Committee
“The objective of the expansion committees is to encourage the planning and overall development of a region and the promotion of its local resources, both material and human. In particular, they are responsible for providing local elected officials with measures aimed at encouraging the region’s economic expansion or leading to specific consequences for local economic development.”
The Agency was approved by the order of 26 July 2019: “The Regional Economic Agency of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, a local public company headquartered in Besançon (Doubs), is recognised as the regional committee for the economic expansion of the region.”
This approval indicates State recognition, strengthening the AER BFC in its role as coordinator of the economic development of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, working for businesses and regions.
2022 – The AER BFC year in figures